Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Corte Ingles (The English Cut?)

Ok, so this is just a little blog that I wanted to post to talk about something huge that is in Spain that blows my mind everytime I step into. There is a HUGE chain of a store in Spain called Corte Ingles, that literally translates into the English Cut (which confuses me because it was established in Madrid). It's the ONLY department chain in Spain, is the biggest chain in Europe, and the 4th biggest chain world wide.
So what exactly makes Corte Ingles so popular, you ask? Well, it is a 7 floor up scale CLOTHING store for men, women children (like more expensive then Macy's), that sells expensive designer items such as Louis Vitton, a GROCERY store, a BOOK store, a MUSIC store, ELECTRONIC store, a SPORTING GOODS store, a place to REAL ESTATE agency, HOME GOODS store, including couches, beds, etc, a TRAVEL AGENCY, a GARDENING section, it has its own CELL PHONE service, offers INSURANCE  and so much more that I know I'm forgetting.

For those of you who have not "experienced" corte ingles, you can doubt me. I would doubt me too if I hadn't had the Corte Ingles experience. Sure they have all that stuff, but so does Walmart right? Well yes, but Walmart is more of a cheap clothing and grocery store that dabbles in other areas like books, cds, dvds, electronics, and even cell phones now, but nothing can compare to the great Corte Ingles. Maybe one day I'll be a total creep and take pictures for you to post here. For now just trust my judgement that Corte Ingles is unlike anything you've ever seen. It's a Nordstrom, Kroger, Dicks, McCabes, Furniture Fair, Verizon Wireless, Best Buy, Remax realty, Geico insurance, AAA, and so much more all fit into 1 huge building. Its just awesome :) (where I got my American peanut butter too!)

2 comments:

  1. That's insane! We need one of those here! I forgot to tell you but Borders in closing 1/3 of their stores, the one in the levee is closing!!! We could use that book store that your talking about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG no!!! i love the bookstore on the levee. i'm so so triste right now!!! maybe i'll just build a shakespeare and company in West lala! wanna help?

    ReplyDelete