Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Changes

Hi! So I know I said not another blog until I came home, but I didn't promise, and I didn't take into consideration how much I was going to hate studying this week. Seriously! Its everyone's last week in Europe and they expect us to study?! Yeah no.

Anyways, I thought I'd jot down some of the changes that have happened recently/will be happening.

1. I decided to switch up the picture on my blog (yeah I know a little late in the game huh?). But that was a picture of El Plaza de Espana en Sevilla. I've lived in Sevilla for 5 months, but I've also seen the world. I think the new background is a little bit better at depicting my European adventures.

2. Its no longer pleasantly warm. Its HOT. Not humid hot. HOT HOT. Today the weather was at 37 degrees celsius, which is over 100 degrees. Try walking to and from class (45 min walk). Yeah no fun. I no longer can walk to class without having a water bottle in my purse. (Ps we still aren't using airconditioning and we don't have ice, so i'm always hot, even when I have water!!). I'd also like to point out that every time I say. "ay! que calor!" my Spanish family (or favorite ice cream lady) tell me I haven't seen anything yet. O dear! Good thing I won't be here for the summer!

3. Some other changes are coming my way in 10 days! I'll be home! I'm very excited to go home and see my family and friends. I have loved all of my experiences over here so much, but being away from home that long really makes you appreciate what you have back at home.

I'd like to share some changes that I will be glad will be taking place.
-Living with my real family and seeing my much missed friends
-Having my own room.
-Not sharing one bathroom and shower with 6 people.
-Being able to run/work out every day
-Choosing what I want to eat and drink when I want to eat drink. Aka no hotdogs and hamburgers every night at 11pm and no water all day every day.
       -Being able to eat a huge salad, baked potato, corn on the cob, any type of veggies or fruits
-Working so I can actually have an income and not an outcome
-Having heat and air conditioning. (When it was Jan and Feb I slept in 3 pairs of sweats, 2 sweatshirts a coat, gloves and a hat and still froze. Now its too hot to sleep).
-Not getting stared at/hooted and hollered at
-Sit and watch American TV
-Having my cell phone and texting!! YAYAY!
-Being able to drive, even if i despise my car sometimes ;)

Here are some changes I'll be sad to see go.
-Traveling!!! I've caught the travel bug and want to see the world now!
-Being lazy. I've gotten really good at doing nothing with my time. Something I've never been able to do. I don't want to go home and study for the GRE and visit grad schools :/
-My host family. Although at times I may have gotten frustrated, they are amazing and I'm so thankful to have been able to live with them.

Ok, well that was me procrastinating! Hope you enjoyed it!

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment