Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A Dedication...

So since I leave in less than 4 days, I have been trying to make the most of my time left. I visited my friends at Purdue this past weekend, and visited my Grandma today. After visiting her, I decided that I am going to dedicate my trip and experience to the smartest and most amazing woman I know, my Grandma. We like to say that Grandma Betty was a woman before her time. She was one of the first women in Indiana to recieve her masters and then came back to Lawrenceburg and established the YES home, the Dearborn Adult center, and served on the school board for many years. I have always looked up to her and love hearing her advice. Today when she was talking to me she kept telling me to jump at every opportunity offered to me and not to hold back at all while over in Spain. My grandma may by 96, but she still knows what she's talking about. Because she is so great, I've decided to follow her advice and do it in her honor :)

Anyways, I'd like to make a few last comments/suggestions for my friends on the first floor back up at Purdue:)
Amy: There is a lot I could say to you, but i just have one statement. You best be sending me some popcorn in spain, because you know I'll be eating lots of it :).
Liz C: please don't forget to let me know if Sam begins to use his Razor Scooter again. This is vital information that I need to be aware of. Also, keep me updated on the status of the sign above the parking garage and the metal things you wont walk across ;)
Abby: I expect a recorded album and a song dedicated to me by the time I come home :) Plus, you should keep watching weird shows and lemme know if any are worth watching.
Brittany: You better txt that person back more than just once an hour. Also, you better enjoy your time at Greyhouse. I'll have spies watching you if not!
Kaity: you're not on the first floor but you're just the best so I have to at least give you a shout out!
Kathie: keep me updated on your sitch and i'm going to miss going to stc with you :)
Kristina: (Don't listen to amy, I'm sure your puppy is adorbs!)
Lisa: Imma be holding you to your promsie for this summer! Sea-Doo time again! yaya!
Ok I think that's it for now! This time next week I'll be living in Espana!

Hasta Luego,

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment